OCEAN EXOTIC CAR RENTAL “OECR” RENTAL POLICIES
OECR DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH
ALL RENTERS MUST BE OVER AGE 25 AND HAVE THEIR OWN INSURANCE
NO OECR CAR RENTALS MAY BE DRIVEN OFF-ROAD
DEPOSITS REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES
NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELED RESERVATIONS
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES, EVER
1. All renters and authorized additional drivers must be over 25 years of age, be a US resident, and have a valid driver’s license to drive OECR cars, no exceptions. Additional driver’s cost $69/day limit 2 per car. All renters are required to provide two separate forms of identification which would include driver’s license and major credit card/debit card or passport. At least one ID must have a picture on it. All renters must have a clean driving record and no major criminal record, no felonies or violent crimes and no DUIs/DWIs. OECR reserves the right to cancel any reservation where the renter is considered not qualified based on either of the two factors stated, even after the rental has begun.
2. All renters/drivers must provide evidence of car insurance coverage in their name that covers physical damage and liability. Renters who do not reside in the U.S. or do not have insurance that extends to the value of our vehicle are not able to rent our vehicles. OECR will contact the renter’s insurance company to verify sufficient coverage is in place. We verify all Renter’s insurance coverages in advance and list that data on the rental agreement. If a renter has U.S. car insurance, we require them to use it if it covers the rental. Their deposit acts as the deductible only which covers damages and loss of use costs. A Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is also offered in some cases that typically is priced at $299 and protects up to $1,000 of physical damage.
3. All renters are required to pay a deposit authorization on a major credit card prior to rental in addition to the cost of the actual rental fees. Deposits vary between $500 and $10,000 based on the vehicle selected, per vehicle, per reservation. This deposit is an authorization hold identical to the type of transaction taken by a hotel. It is taken on the day of the rental and is released at the conclusion of the rental. It is not a transaction in most cases, just a hold of the funds. It will reappear on the card as available funds in 3 to 5 business days less any costs associated with the end of the rental that are deducted if needed. Within 24 hours or less prior to rental delivery or pick-up, OECR will place the deposit authorization on the card on file. We must have this authorization successfully transacted in order to release the vehicle to the renter.
4. All payments are due in full for reservations taking place within 30 days of the scheduled rental start date. Once the reservation is booked and paid for, within 30 days of the date of the rental start date, if you choose to cancel, YOU MAY RECEIVE A CREDIT VALID TOWARDS 50% OF A FUTURE RESERVATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND EXPIRES 6 MONTHS AFTER ISSUED. Besides this, there are NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON. (For cancellations made within 24 hours of your reservation, there is ZERO credit valid for future rentals.) At the time of the reservation, OECR will charge 100% of the total rental rate on a major credit card which is not-refundable with zero exceptions. OECR has very specific vehicles in specific colors and trims; consider this the same as booking a wedding venue, it is one of a kind and cancelling the venue within 30 days does not warrant a refund of any kind. If you think you may need to cancel, do not book the rental until you know you won’t, as there will be no refund. (This policy is not enforced in the event of a Hurricane or other Natural Disaster.)
5. OECR does allow additional authorized drivers on most of our vehicles. These drivers must be entirely covered by their own insurance. In most cases, a person who is an additional driver on someone’s personal insurance is not covered to drive a rental vehicle. Our renter can make this change on their policy or ask OECR to help. The party who is paying for the rental may reserve the vehicle for an additional driver. However, the party who is paying for the rental must be present at the time of delivery or pick-up to sign for the reservation and rental agreement. In the event this is not possible, OECR will require the renter to send whatever documentation is necessary to feel comfortable there is no fraud being committed. Unfortunately, OECR cannot rent to a renter who is paying for another person to drive and does not intend to be seen in person without these added measures.
6. All rentals include 50 to 100 daily miles per vehicle at no additional charge and are subject to an additional mileage rate of between $1.00 and $50.00 per mile which is stated on the final rental agreement. The additional fees for extra miles will be calculated at the end of the rental and charged to the renter’s credit card on file. Renter’s may purchase additional miles prior to the rental for a discount. If all the pre-purchased additional miles are not used, there is no refund allowed.
7. Some rentals are subject to a delivery fee which include many of our exotic vehicles. Any rentals outside of the area may include a fee. The area is presently considered 10 miles from 4101 Ravenswood Road Suite 315 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. In some cases, if the delivery is out of our radius, we may require a fee to pay for our flatbed tow truck to deliver and pickup. Rates vary based on distance. You may pay the towing company directly. There is an added fee for our employee’s role in the delivery and pickup. If a vehicle is rented or hired from OECR Exotic Cars the renter/customer understands that should the service be provided, no refund is due. However, if the service was not provided, example, the vehicle rented should break down, OECR will offer a replacement vehicle at the daily rate listed on the website, and or a refund for the hours/day/days of use that were not available.
8. No renter may drive an OECR vehicle outside of the state of Florida, and no renter may take an OECR vehicle more than 100 miles North, 200 miles South or 120 miles West of 4101 Ravenswood Road Suite 315 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 without express written consent from an OECR representative. Trips to Naples, the Florida Keys and North of Jupiter must be approved in writing prior to departure by an OECR employee. OECR keeps track of all vehicles using 24/7 GPS tracking for excessive speeding and reckless driving as part of our agreement with local and State law enforcement to protect our renters and also the other drivers on the road.
9. Tolls: Renters are required to pay the expense of all tolls incurred using the SunPass included in each vehicle. At the end of your rental we will calculate the tolls used while the car was in your possession, if any exist, and charge your card for the cost of the tolls plus 3% processing fee. Renters may also choose to pay for a daily fee for unlimited tolls when making their reservation.
10. Renters are required to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as when the vehicle is given to them. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel OECR will charge a refill fee of $75 in addition to the cost of the fuel. A receipt will be provided to the renter via email. You will be charged $8 per gallon to credit card on file.
11.No OECR cars are permitted to be driven off road or on race tracks. OECR keeps track of all vehicles using 24/7 GPS tracking for excessive speeding and reckless driving as part of our agreement with local and State law enforcement to protect our renters and also the other drivers on the road. Also, if a renter is determined to be deliberately gunning the engine and jamming the breaks in slow driving zones, or downshifting to first gear during the rental, the rental will be terminated, and OECR will come to retrieve the vehicle and forfeit their entire deposit. If a vehicle is taken within 1 mile of any raceway or speedway OECR reserves the right to cancel the rental and come retrieve the vehicle right away unless permission to visit a raceway has been approved by OECR in advance in writing. In the event we determine the vehicles were driven off-road or on a race track, the customer will be liable for the retail purchase price of the vehicle based on the Kelly blue book value for that vehicle with the mileage documented on the rental agreement at the start of the rental. OECR reserves the right to cancel any reservation where we have identified a customer is exceeding any posted speed limit on any local road, highway, interstate, or other legal paved driving environment.
12. Renters are required to return our vehicles in the same condition as when they are given to them. OECR requires all renters to report accidents to the police at the time of the accident. Failure to do so immediately will be an immediate forfeit of the deposit as well as a violation of Florida state law. OECR will require the Renter to pay in full for all damage repairs, a fee per day equal to 100% of the OECR website’s weekend daily rental rate for loss of use, diminished of value and any cancellation for existing future bookings that are cancelled because of our inability to determine when our vehicle will return, even if the Renter’s insurance will not pay the claim due to negligence by the renter. The Renter will be 100% liable for all damage repairs, losses to third party vehicle or property arising from the accident AND all loss of use days while the vehicle is under repair and rendered unrentable by OECR to its customers. Furthermore, this includes any cancellations for existing future bookings that are cancelled as a result of our inability to determine when our vehicle will return. It is strictly prohibited to leave the scene of an accident that takes place in an OECR car without making a police report. All renters are required to first contact the police, collect the insurance information and a picture of driver’s license for any other vehicle involved, then contact OECR at 786-761-9749 directly after to notify OECR immediately as well as send an email to email@example.com with the full insurance information and driver’s license photo of all vehicles involved in any accident.
13. Smoking is not permitted inside or near any vehicle in the OECR fleet. Smoke near or inside of the vehicle can cause smells that are permanent. OECR always advises all smokers to stand at least 5 feet away from the vehicle with the windows up to avoid the smell getting into the vehicle. This includes, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vapor cigarettes and marijuana or other smelling substances. If an OECR employee determines smoking left a trace in the vehicle, an automatic fee of $5,000 will be charge to the credit card on file without exception. OECR will be forced to park the vehicle for 3+ days with windows down to ventilate the odor. DO NOT SMOKE IN OR AROUND OECR CARS.